The Journal of Innovative Ideas in Engineering and Technology (JIIET) is published by Hyposcience Academic Center in Canada on a monlthly basis. The journal is an open access and peer-reviewed journal, publishing original research findings across different areas of engineering. It aims to provide a forum for engineers and technologists to share their findings. Articles are reviewed by peers to evaluate against the following criteria:
- Importance of the research topic and crucial need for a viable investigation.
- Originality of the findings and creativity of researchers
- Validity of engineering tools used in design, construction and/or testing a concept.
- Presentation and clarity in writing.
Scope of Journal
Journal covers areas of engineering and technology in design and development of new methods or products. Areas of Engineering include, but not limited to, Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Computer, Electrical, Industrial and Mechanical. Here are some examples:
- Aerospace: Design, test, or development of new methods/components for flying objects: design and test a new profile for a drone propeller.
- Biomedical: Application of engineering methods in medical fields: design of a device to help sleep-walking people
- Chemical: A new technique for conversion of raw materials to products
- Civil: Design and development of new methods or materials for buildings or structures: a new mixture for creating strong concrete, a new method for capturing water runoff.
- Environmental: Design and development of new methods in protection of environment including air, water, and soil: new method for removal of floating debris
- Computer: Designing, coding, and controlling computers and microcontrollers: design of new algorithm for control of a robot.
- Electrical: Design, development, and test of electrical/electronic devices. Design of a solar energy storage system for a building or building an autonomous drone.
- Industrial: Design and development of processes for optimal assignment of resource systems, supply chain management, transportation and logistics: an optimized process for labor assignment and material delivery.
- Mechanical: Design and development of mechanical systems such as engines, energy systems, and products: design of a device for extraction of juice from apples.
Scholar: The scholar section publishes professional research papers with a strong contribution in existing literature. These types of works are usually conducted by graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, college/university professors, and organization/industry researchers. The research may include experimental and/or theoretical examinations of an innovative idea in the field of engineering and technology.
Freelancer: The freelancer section allows the general public to record their idea and keep its copyright. Some examples are instructions for creating 3-dimensional objects and developing new methods for manufacturing, assembling, and programming.
College Student: The College Student Section publishes student research works in design or development of new methods in Engineering and Technology. These types of works are usually conducted by undergraduate students in fulfilling a course project or final capstone projects. This provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to receive extra credentials for their relevant course works.
High School: The High School Section publishes student works in design and development of new ideas. These include reports prepared for science/engineering fairs, student competitions, and course works. This will be an opportunity for high school students to showcase their talents and create an outstanding resume item for college applications.
Open Access Policy and Copyright:
The JIIET is an open-access journal meaning that upon publication of research, it will publicly available on the web and can be accessed via search engines. In contrast with traditional journals which charge readers a fee via subscription or single purchase, open-access journals charge authors a fee to pay ongoing costs for lifetime storage of articles.
Authors keep the copyright of published articles in JIEET. The journal provides a platform for authors to publish their works, receive credentials, and keep their name associated with the idea. We recommend authors to apply for an official copyright certificate via the copyright offices in their country.
We at JIIET do not tolerate any research misconduct including plagiarism, playing with data such as trimming, cooking, and forging. We only publish original research works. In other words, your research should not be published in any other journals, books, and conference proceedings. However, presented works at conferences and workshops are acceptable for publications.
JIIET does not accept any responsibility about the consequences of releasing your idea on the web. The only method of protection, which is suitable for publication, is the copyright. This needs authors to apply for copyright through copyright offices. If you like to keep your idea secret for patenting, we do not recommend to publish your idea.
After an article is accepted for publication in JIIET, we charge a small fee for maintaining ongoing costs of the journal. Publication fee for scholar section is $100 per article and for other sections is $50 per article. We accept Bank Deposit Cheques, Paypal, and Western Union payments.